The St. James School PTO invites all families to participate and become active members of our school organization.
Our PTO Board is comprised of eight parents, teachers and the administration directing programs and funds.
- A positive and supportive school community is essential to champion each student’s success. The PTO is committed to help build a vigorous school community that fosters fellowship and a positive school environment for all families. We host Family Fun Nights, the School Picnic and informative speakers throughout the year.
- Playing an active role in your child’s school is important to your child’s success, but also to the school’s success. Being active is also a way to stay connected to what is going on at the school from student accomplishments to building issues.
- The PTO supports many important educational activities and resources like Field Day, Spirit Day, 4th Grade Colonial Days, Yearbook and the Shakespeare production. We also contribute to classroom activities for the various educational programs including Spanish, Art, Music, Library, PE, Science and Resource.
- The PTO supports the school’s technology investment that enhances the classroom teaching environment from the ActivBoards to computers for teachers and the computer lab.
- Enhancing the children’s learning environment is important. Supporting our teachers is an aspect of achieving this goal. The PTO provides reimbursement for continuing education classes and classroom supplies.
- The PTO achieves a high level of support for the school and teachers through our various activities and fundraising efforts. The Bazaar and Auction Gala are examples of our extensive fundraising endeavors that provide us the funds to assist the school and its programs.
We need your help! Your involvement and support of these efforts are vital in creating a positive learning environment, nurturing sense of community and a climate of endless opportunities that enhance St. James School’s pursuit of academic excellence.